Our department provides comprehensive services for patients with a variety of lung diseases including asthma, COPD (including emphysema and chronic bronchitis), pulmonary fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension, occupational lung diseases, adult cystic fibrosis, and various infectious lung diseases. Through the integration of the latest research findings and extensive experience of our faculty, we provide the most up-to-date care for hospitalized patients.
- To bring in a fully fledged pulmonary rehabilitation program
- To encourage Research activity in various dimensions of respiratory medicine.
- To develop medical thoracoscopy suite.
- To establish a sleep lab.
STRENGTH OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Enthusiastic faculty with good experience and easy
- Good infrastructure with facilities for isolating infective patients .
- Adequate OP & IP strength.
- Screening airway disorders, using spirometer at a subsidized cost.
- Well functioning DOTS
- Functioning of pharmacovigilance cell and drug information centre.