- To provide comprehensive health care for women.
- To train medical students and paramedical personnel to achieve the expected comprehensive health care.
- To conduct national and international conferences and workshops to empower the younger generation.
- To improve the standard of research.
- To achieve zero percent maternal mortality.
- To enable undergraduates and postgraduates to improve clinical skills.
- To establish a state of art skills lab for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Well equipped infrastructure, constant research programme, collaborative research with other departments
Functioning of Pharmacovigilance cell and Drug Information Centre in the hospital and college.
Sophisticated Research lab with well equipped Instruments.
Departmental library with all new edition text books and internet facility that gives access to recent cut-edge research.
Easy approachability of the qualified faculties for both UG and PG students
Message from HOD
I, Dr.S.REVWATHY., Professor and Head of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, TSRMMCH &RC, take pride in leading the department. We have grown from conducting 40 deliveries per year in 2011 to more than 1200 per year in 2019. We do more than 1000 major surgeries per year. This is possible only through the dedication and commitment of our faculty.
The department functions as three units, that coordinate both outpatient and inpatient work seamlessly.
Our academic schedule spans from IInd year MBBS students till the final year students. We conduct 15-20 theory classes for the undergraduates every month and handle clinical postings for the undergraduates. We improve their clinical acumen by exposing them to clinical case presentations, conducting and assisting deliveries and surgeries. We update their knowledge by conducting periodical CMEs, Conferences, journal clubs and guest lectures.